New Year’s Eve in San Antonio sounds like a war zone. Sleep is disturbed, our pets run under the bed or cower in a closet. But this year, I didn’t curse the noise, or even what I’m sure was some gunfire as well. I was hearing it as a proclamation that 2020 was done and the possibilities of a better year are on the horizon.
Five suggestions for the New Year
Here in Texas, we eat our Black-eyed peas for good luck. I think it works, I forgot mine last year and look what happened!
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: means stop buying stuff from Amazon or anywhere except thrift or reuse stores; make interesting meals from left-overs; repurpose things around the house. Some great ideas for materials reuse are on the Spare Parts webpage.
2. Do some yoga. There are lots of resources online. I personally use the chair/standing classes available on the Silver Sneakers Facebook page. You don’t have to be a member to view the videos. Also take a walk everyday outside if you can.
3. Find activities that give you joy. Modify or quit doing those that don’t.
4. Appreciate what you have. Help others however you can. Pray for those in need.
5. Wear your mask when you go out.