Time flies when you’re having fun. Or, evidently, even if you are NOT.
Week 17 of COVID-19 self-quarantine
Mind you, I’m not complaining, as the alternative to staying home and being healthy would be no fun at all.
In most of our states, positive cases of Covid-19 continue to increase, and there are still many fun-loving, don’t f**k with my personal liberty to have fun, wearing a mask isn’t fun, citizens out there helping ‘Rona’ spread her evil disease.
At least our complex pool is now open so I can do water exercises in the morning. My knees, which never bothered me when I regularly walked via treadmill, do not like walking on the pavement.
TIPS FOR SENIORS
Here are some tips for seniors-who like myself-are staying home for what might seem an eternity.
Complete at least three tasks a day that will feel like an accomplishment.
- exercise– outside or in a pool if you can, at least 30 minutes a day #SilverSneakers Facebook page has some great exercise videos you can do in your living room.
- minimize your possessions–give away, throw away enough stuff so you have at least one empty closet in your home. I know–what a concept!!
- try a new recipe–something vegan or vegetarian if you don’t normally cook that way.
- Eat some dark chocolate every day. Grab a handful and enjoy.
- If you still keep paper (which I do some) clean out your file boxes. Reuse the blank backs as a note pad.
- read a book in a different genre than usual–lots of free ebooks from your public library and other places
- deep clean your refrigerator–seriously, how often do you do this? It probably needs it
- Keep a prayer list-meditate-or otherwise have a quiet moment
- last, but not least–talk with someone every day–kids, grandkids, friend, shout at a neighbor from the appropriate distance, or the mail person
Peace be with with you all. Stay healthy wear your masks.